A New Video Needed!

A New Video Needed!

Postby The1Russter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:25 pm

The first video created by Jay in 2013 was a great success and continues to be one of our best promotional tools. Unfortunately the situation has changed quite a bit the last two years and we need a video just as good as our first, but up to date with the current situation.

If there is any amongst you with the talent and time to put together a short promo video for the campaign, then we could really use your abilities right now.

Thank you,
We will hold fast. We will never surrender!
twitter: The1Russter
The1Russter

Re: A New Video Needed!

Postby Arcane » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:54 pm

I do have a YouTube channel but I do gaming videos on there, however I did make a video talking about my views on the Terminator Trilogy Reboot, the new Terminator TV series expressing my views on what Skydance should be doing. There's quite a few elements about TSCC in there. I'm planning on making it into a short series on my channel.
Let it be shown, that we chose to die on our feet...rather than live on our knees!
Arcane

Postby The1Russter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Have you seen the campaign video put together by Jay?

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3JVGd7sA9A

I'd like something along those same lines, just updated for the current situation.

1) Annapurna is mostly out of the picture now, with Skydance taking lead.
2) We also have a new petition and we have new pamphlets.
3) The reference to having a distributor for the pamphlets at Philadelphia Comic Con needs to be removed.

Jay's video is still awesome! It just needs updating.

Sadly when Jack had to leave due to new career and life commitments (Metropolitan Police and Girlfriend) the people who came with him to this campaign left with him. Unfortunately, one of those people was Jay, our resident master of the video editor.

So if anybody wants to take a crack at making a new video, please do!

Keeping in mind that before it goes public, members should be given the opportunity to critique the video. We all had some input on Jay's video before it went public.
The1Russter

Postby Zelaron » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 pm

I have done a few videos in the past and might be able to create something nice, I wouldnt completely count on it though as its been a while ago. I will definitely give it a try (probably wont be able to start within the next week) and see what I can do, whoever else can create a video should probably still do it, not only is it better to have more options to chose from we might also release another video during the year (maybe when the movie is going to be released and the Terminator franchise gets more attention overall).
Zelaron

Postby The1Russter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:12 pm

I've never put together a video. I dabbled with it several years ago, but I've got zero skills in this and no experience with any of the software -- free or professional. I could be at it for months before I had something to show for my efforts. So if you've got the time to put together a short 3 minute video, then go for it. You'll do a better job than I ever could and in less time.
The1Russter

Postby Zelaron » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:29 pm

I know its been a while but I was incredibly busy with my personal life the past few weeks (basically entire March) but I finally had some time to work on the video. The problem is, I can put the pieces together, add music and add decent cuts between the clips, but I cant really create own intro/outro credits or some text effects (nothing too fancy of course, it just shouldnt look like a word file I guess). Is there anyone around to help with that?
Zelaron

Postby The1Russter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:00 pm

That's okay. Life has a habit in interfering with the things we want to do. :)

Sorry. I've never created a video from scratch. I always just assumed video editing software came with the tools for inserting text, so that, as you put it, it doesn't look like a text file.

Perhaps you can find a work around with your software, or maybe find different editing tools.

Have you checked for any forums on the Internet geared toward the amateur video creator/editor?
The1Russter

Postby Zelaron » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:19 am

The1Russter wrote:Perhaps you can find a work around with your software, or maybe find different editing tools.

Have you checked for any forums on the Internet geared toward the amateur video creator/editor?
Trying just that, ive created a few texts so far but none of them really convinced me yet, but Im getting closer. :D

Should be able to complete it within a few days now, maybe during the weekend.
Zelaron

Return to See Our New Promotional Campaign Video Here!