Announcements

Announcements

Postby The1Russter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 am

Hello Everyone!

This new topic is for members to make use of to alert others to situations or news that could affect the operations of the campaign to bring back TSCC, though not limited to that function alone. If you have news or information regarding Terminator in general, there is a News thread specifically for that topic and your news should be posted there.

This is a feature that has long been missing as we've had members move and change jobs and even have work situations change that have affected their ability to take part in the campaign and there's been no place on the forum for them to let others know.

Now there is a place for that. This place, and I hope all of you will make use of it as well as you've made use of the other topics on this forum.
We will hold fast. We will never surrender!
twitter: The1Russter
The1Russter

Re: Announcements

Postby The1Russter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Monday, November 11, 2013

Dear Friends and Fellow Fans,

It hasn’t been easy coming to this decision. I’ve fought it again and again over the last several weeks, but never more so than these last few days.

I’m withdrawing from active participation in the Campaign to Bring Back TSCC.

I still think it’s a show worth fighting for and I will be around should others wish my input or help. However, over the course of the last six months, I’ve come to realize that though everyone speaks of wanting TSCC back, no one wants to fight for it. They do one thing, if anything at all, and think they’ve done their part to aid in the fight. The fight is never ending and you don’t walk away until either you've accomplished your goal or until you have bled.

I’ve bled.

Despite numerous pleas for help with the twitter campaign, that went unanswered even when I grew desperate for help when I had some projects to do at home during August. I gave up that anyone would ever help with the twitter campaign. They are just to thick in the head to realize that multiple persons campaigning on twitter is better than one. Retweeting does help, but just retweeting everything one person says is not the same as campaigning yourself. It’s all about reaching out to more followers, new followers, to spread the news, and to divide the labors amongst many fans. Retweeting doesn’t share the work, it just leaches off of someone else’s labors, robbing them of the time they could spend elsewhere, even on other aspects of the campaign.

Having given up on getting the help I needed, I gave up asking and just put in reminders in my reports on the pamphlet campaign that I needed help. They too went ignored. While I’m on the subject of reports, how’s that campaign on Facebook and other social media sites? How’s that campaign going on fansites and entertainment websites? Shared our campaign with links to the forum on TSCC videos on Youtube? Anyone? I wouldn’t know as no one but me posts what they’ve done and what they’ve accomplished since this campaign began.

Now fall is here and I’ve a bathroom wall to repair. Before I can even begin on that task, there is a lot of things I must do ahead of it. Most of which will take me forever as I have arthritis in my back and knees and hip and shoulder, etc. all of which will be giving me hell until we have steady temperatures in the 70's again.

So even though I wanted to put off this transfer until next year as I had planned. I must give up the twitter campaign now. I’ve drawn on my last reserve of willpower and strength to see this through for another day. This campaign has abused my tenacity and loyalty to the campaign for too long for me to continue with the tasks that lay before me. I’m stressed out and burnt out, and if I’m to do what must be done at home, then I need to be clear of head and willing of body and spirit to see it through without worrying over the campaign.

There are a few more comic cons and expos before the end of the year. I will post all the campaign tweets I’ve composed on the forum, and also update the campaign tweets and petition tweets. I also have a new campaign idea, but given the lack of anyone’s willingness to take point on any of the actions I have outlined, I have doubts it will go beyond my sharing of the idea.

I wish to thank everyone who were so helpful at the start of the campaign. It felt like a real team effort at the time and if that team had stayed together, then I know we’d be on stronger ground today. But life happens, and so it goes. I don’t blame you, far from it. You guys were great!

Thank you, and Good luck.

The1Russter

EDIT: Removed paragraph about relinquishing twitter account. I'll need it to stay updated on the comic cons I follow so I can keep the pages updated at the wiki. Tue, Nov 12, 2013 09:59:42 PM
The1Russter

Postby The1Russter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:24 am

With no one stepping to take over for me for 2014, I resumed campaigning again in the spring, however I just can't do it anymore. My health has deteriorated since the campaign began, and if I'm to improve, I can't be spending what time I have in which I'm not aching each day on this campaign. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

I've turned over operation of the twitter account, @BringBackTSCC to both I.join and DHK256. I've also essentially turned over the campaign to them as well.

DHK256 won't be with the campaign very long due to responsibilities at home, but I hope everyone will give the same support and help to I.join that you've given me these last 20 months.

Goodbye and Good Luck.
The1Russter

Postby I.Join » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Thank you for entrusting me with this and for your support.
As you know, I'm also creating a page on Facebook: I've rarely used FB before, so I'm still trying to figure what the better way for presenting the various content is.
Anyway, since English is not my mother language, I may need some help before posting contents there (as well as on the Twitter account): while making some mistakes here, among friends, is acceptable, I'd like to avoid them on the official pages: I'll post the contents on this forum (and email them) for someone to review them before publishing them on the official pages.
I.Join

Postby The1Russter » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 pm

On the evening of Saturday, December 13, 2014, I reclaimed control of the Twitter account, @BringBackTSCC, from I.join.
I've no idea at this time how much time I'll be able to give to the campaign, but I'll never be able to as much time as I did in 2013.
The success of the campaign is dependent on every fan putting pressure on the responsible parties.
Therefore it is more important than ever that we get the word out to all fans on all fronts.

Thank you,
The1Russter
Sun, Dec. 14, 2014
The1Russter

Postby Arcane » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:36 am

If you're looking for more admins to take care of this forum I'd be happy to help.
Let it be shown, that we chose to die on our feet...rather than live on our knees!
Arcane

Postby Zelaron » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

I know I'm new to this website but Id be willing to help you manage the forums if you want to, been part of other forums for years and know how it works. Tried to send you a PM about it but that feature isn't available, so if you're interested just let me know how/when we could talk about it.
Zelaron

Postby The1Russter » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 am

I'd like to announce that both Arcane and Zelaron have been upgraded to admin status.

Arcane gives the appearance of having a lot of energy and enthusiasm and that is something the campaign needs.

Zelaron has experience managing forums like this one, and that is something sorely missing.

They are both big fans of TSCC, so I hope everyone will make them feel welcomed.

I'm still here as admin, but its nice to say that with our two replacement admins, that now the campaign to bring back TSCC is covered from A to Z! :D
The1Russter

Postby Arcane » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:34 pm

The1Russter wrote:I'd like to announce that both Arcane and Zelaron have been upgraded to admin status.

Arcane gives the appearance of having a lot of energy and enthusiasm and that is something the campaign needs.

Zelaron has experience managing forums like this one, and that is something sorely missing.

They are both big fans of TSCC, so I hope everyone will make them feel welcomed.

I'm still here as admin, but its nice to say that with our two replacement admins, that now the campaign to bring back TSCC is covered from A to Z! :D

Thanks for having me as an Admin, I will sure do my best for the campaign, from the response on the petition even though we only have 67 supporters, the need to have TSCC back is high and fans still want it, which is a good sign.

I continue to update in the Petitions Forum on the progress of the petition as well as the twitter. That reminds me in the last few weeks I have had some form of response on Twitter on two or more tweets from Skydance regarding the return and revival for more TSCC. I'll post that later this week in another forum or thread. :D
Let it be shown, that we chose to die on our feet...rather than live on our knees!
Arcane

Postby The1Russter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Topic 1
I've changed the order of topics on the main page (Board Index) for the forum in an attempt to move the more relevant topics to the top.

When people visit the forum, we want them to spend less time searching and give them more time reading the various topics of interest to them.

Topic 2
This is for everyone who was members of this forum during the huge post-cancellation campaign of 2009 to 2011. If you were a member of the forum at that time, please note that your registration was canceled when the forum was taken down following the close of that campaign. The forum as you see it now was restarted by Aelysian at the behest of myself, Jack, Jay, and a couple of others in January 2013. If you were a member of the old forum, then you will have to re-register to have access to the current forum.

Topic 3
Zelaron has instituted a Q&A to filter out unwanted spammers and spambots during the registration process. All registered Administrators will have noticed the sudden absence of new registration notification emails following number 7077.

A Q&A to filter out spammers was discussed at least two times in my recollection the previous two years, but our then master of the phpBB system did nothing to institute the changes. Despite my being an admin, I don't know enough about phpBB to make said changes.

So right now I am very glad, as an admin, not to be filtering through hundreds of registrations trying to pinpoint the one real person out of hundreds of spammers. Thank you Zelaron! :D
The1Russter

Postby The1Russter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:44 pm

I am so disgusted with what Skydance is doing with Terminator films, that even if they are 'sympathetic' to our cause, I wouldn't want them partnered up with Warner Brothers to produce more TSCC. I'd rather TSCC remain unfinished than to let it anywhere near them. I'm not campaigning anymore. It's not worth the risk. What others do is their business.

Arcane & Zelaron,
If either of you or both of you wish to control the twitter account @BringBackTSCC, it is yours.
The1Russter

Postby Arcane » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:43 am

I understand your concern, as for myself I am disappointed in what this so called reboot of the Terminator franchise is turning out to be. However I still think we should campaign to keep the fanbase for TSCC alive and obviously in hopes of some form of closure to the storyline.

If anything I'd rather have James Cameron lead the project if he choices to give TSCC a closure once the rights are reverted to him.

As for the Twitter account I'd happily run the account.

Like I said I understand your concern because I do as well but the best thing is to campaign mainly to Warner Bros, to keep the fanbase alive and hopefully they'll reconsider for doing a TSCC closure when James Cameron gets the rights to Terminator back.
Arcane

Postby The1Russter » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:40 am

So basically you are saying we should appeal directly to Warner Bro's to consider reviving TSCC in hopes they will hold out until 2018 when the Terminator rights revert back to James Cameron.

How do you encourage WB to bring back TSCC, and also say, but please wait until the rights revert back to James Cameron?

I know reviving old shows have been trending the last two years, but will this trend continue long enough? Three years from now, will a nine year old TV show still be considered marketable programming? And if someone who can make it happen decides its worth reviving TSCC three years from now, will fans rally around even if they have to recast central roles, or hire different writers, or possibly go ahead without Josh Friedman at the helm?

As far as keeping TSCC alive, we can post links to TSCC fan videos, soundtracks, pictures and fan art on twitter, websites, etc. but will that be enough? How much should we do?

I'm already keeping TSCC alive through my fanfiction, and that's a labor intensive job. I don't even promote my stories like everyone used to do. The TSCC fan sites where stories were discussed have grown quiet. I would say the original TSCC wiki, www.sarahconnorfans.com, has no more than 6 - 8 active members any given week and its roster is over 12K.

Half of this campaign is trying to stir the fans up to demand more TSCC, but I just haven't seen that happening to the numbers we need. I hate to say it, but compared to some fandoms, TSCC fans are some of the laziest people I've met.

I want nothing more than to have TSCC come back, if only for a single movie to wrap up the story, but I don't trust Skydance to not muck it up if WB should decide to deal with them.

Will WB wait? And if they wait, will anyone want to see more Terminator after Skydances trilogy?

Besides stirring up the fans to act, the biggest hurdle to this campaign is the division of ownership and control of the Terminator rights and that is something we cannot change.

Listen, if you wish to campaign, then campaign. I'm still here, I just won't be out there pushing for WB to negotiate with Skydance to make more TSCC. I just don't trust Skydance.
The1Russter

Postby Arcane » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 pm

The1Russter wrote:So basically you are saying we should appeal directly to Warner Bro's to consider reviving TSCC in hopes they will hold out until 2018 when the Terminator rights revert back to James Cameron.

How do you encourage WB to bring back TSCC, and also say, but please wait until the rights revert back to James Cameron?

I know reviving old shows have been trending the last two years, but will this trend continue long enough? Three years from now, will a nine year old TV show still be considered marketable programming? And if someone who can make it happen decides its worth reviving TSCC three years from now, will fans rally around even if they have to recast central roles, or hire different writers, or possibly go ahead without Josh Friedman at the helm?

As far as keeping TSCC alive, we can post links to TSCC fan videos, soundtracks, pictures and fan art on twitter, websites, etc. but will that be enough? How much should we do?

I'm already keeping TSCC alive through my fanfiction, and that's a labor intensive job. I don't even promote my stories like everyone used to do. The TSCC fan sites where stories were discussed have grown quiet. I would say the original TSCC wiki, http://www.sarahconnorfans.com, has no more than 6 - 8 active members any given week and its roster is over 12K.

Half of this campaign is trying to stir the fans up to demand more TSCC, but I just haven't seen that happening to the numbers we need. I hate to say it, but compared to some fandoms, TSCC fans are some of the laziest people I've met.

I want nothing more than to have TSCC come back, if only for a single movie to wrap up the story, but I don't trust Skydance to not muck it up if WB should decide to deal with them.

Will WB wait? And if they wait, will anyone want to see more Terminator after Skydances trilogy?

Besides stirring up the fans to act, the biggest hurdle to this campaign is the division of ownership and control of the Terminator rights and that is something we cannot change.

Listen, if you wish to campaign, then campaign. I'm still here, I just won't be out there pushing for WB to negotiate with Skydance to make more TSCC. I just don't trust Skydance.

Well let's just wait to see what Terminator Genisys turns out, if the rumors are true about the story and premise of the story then we'll wait until James Cameron has the rights back for Terminator then we'll see what we can do. However if Terminator Genisys turns out to be surprisingly good then I think we should then push for more TSCC.

In the meantime what I'm saying is to campaign just to keep TSCC so hope and activity in the future, along with fanfiction, fan art, soundtracks etc.

But like I said let's see how Terminator Genisys turns out then we'll go from there.
Arcane

Postby The1Russter » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:09 pm

For now, soft promotion until we see results of Terminator Genisys. Makes sense.

But I still don't want Skydance anywhere near TSCC. After what they are doing to the film franchise, I want them well away from TSCC.

So, if we have to wait, then we wait.
The1Russter

Postby The1Russter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Our newest member, TerminAlex, has taken over the campaign twitter account, @BringBackTSCC, for the foreseeable future.

I wish him the best of luck.
The1Russter

Return to Forum Announcements