James Cameron to Reboot Terminator

James Cameron to Reboot Terminator

Postby The1Russter » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:47 am

James Cameron to REBOOT Terminator with Deadpool's Tim Miller

From Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

The article concludes with:

I don’t know anything more than I’ve disclosed here, including whether they reboot the whole thing or pick up from where Cameron left off after the second film. I’ve heard the hope is for Miller to direct whatever they come up with. Cameron is booked for four Avatar sequels, to shoot two at a time. No comment from any of the involved parties.

You can read the full article at: http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator- ... 201890848/

My Opinion:
I may change my mind at a later date and time, it is our nature after all. However I must say this:
If it were the James Cameron before his mega-success with Titanic, or even before his insurmountable success with Avatar, I think I'd be pleased beyond all measure that James Cameron would once again be in a position of making another Terminator film. But he's moved so far beyond that level of storytelling now. After his glowing endorsement of Terminator: Genisys -- a renaissance really? -- can we even be certain he can take Terminator back to its roots without losing the heart and soul of the first two films? Anything is possible. I'd expect him to make a better Terminator film than the last three, but can he make one on par with the two he's already made? Maybe my concerns are without foundation. I hope so. He's our last hope at a great Terminator film.
We will hold fast. We will never surrender!
twitter: The1Russter
The1Russter

Return to Terminator and TSCC related news!